[wplug-board] mailing lists

Robert Dale rdale at wplug.org
Sun Nov 17 13:00:36 EST 2002

On Sun, 17 Nov 2002, James O'Kane wrote:

> Does anyone have an opinion on creating more mailing lists? :)

Lists should be created based on need.  I don't think we should get into
the "build it and they will come" routine.

> I've been thinking about creating a wplug-coders or such for programming
> related discussion. Like how to deal with autoconf or migrating to gnome2,
> etc.

Simple autoconf questions could be asked on the list, but I imagine there are
better resources for long, in-depth discussions.

Migrating to gnome2 seems very appropriate for the general list.

> Should I use my discression in the future or should I bring it to the
> board first?

I don't think we should have any formal voting taking place, but a concensus
of some sort would be a good idea or finding a critical mass of participants.
If/when creating mailing lists get out of hand, then the board should probably
step in.

Overall, I haven't seen so much traffic of any particular topic on wplug
to warrant creating any lists on some specific topic.

--
Robert Dale