[wplug-announce] Event at Hack Pittsburgh

Terence J. Golightly terencejgolightly at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 02:22:38 EDT 2012

Greetings,

WPLUG is pleased to announce another successful Installfest.  This time
hosted by our friends at Hack Pittsburgh.  A good time was had by all.
We had a total of 5 installs.  Doug Phillips who successfully installed
Debian 6 64bit on an IBM/Lenovo and Ubuntu 11.10 in a vm on his Apple
Mac Pro.  Eli who now has a dual boot ASUS Ubuntu 11.10 and other.  A
young man sitting next to me installed/shoehorned ez peazy on an ARM
powered lenovo netbook w/o our assistance. Now that is some powerful
MOJO! All we have to do was show up and the power of our presence
inspired a self install. Whoa!  And the Hack Pgh house laptop a pentium
m powered dell 1300 got renewed with Debian 6 32bit.

Many thanks go out to:

Pat Barron for arranging this event, providing most of the media and
alot of expertise.
Doug Barren for hosting us.
John Lewis for his thoughtful and timely assistance.
Matt Hughes for showing off his EEEpc tablet.
Support from Michael Loomis, Vance Kochenderfer & Dave Ostroske
Dan Martin and Son Nic I think?

Finally the Hack Pittsburgh faithful:

Eli for his patience
Gabe
Scott
Logan Was building a still
Laura for her interesting abbreviated tour.

For any whose attended and their name does not appear above my apologies.

We look forward to future interactions with our new friends at Hack
Pittsburgh.

Sincerely,

Terry Golightly

--
Chairman The Western Pennsylvania Linux User's Group
chair at wplug.org
http://www.wplug.org