This election is for the WPLUG board for 2008-2009. Votes may be cast by mail or in person at the October 4, 2008 business meeting. Ballots will be counted and results announced at this meeting, so your vote must be received before 3:45pm to be counted.
Those who were nominated and eligible at the September 13, 2008 nominations meeting and have agreed to be candidates are (in alphabetical order):
- Mathieu Dubé
- Vance Kochenderfer
- Dave Kraus
- David Ostroske
- Michael Semcheski
- Only persons who are members on October 4, 2008 may be elected.
- Only persons who are members on October 4, 2008 may vote.
- Bill Moran was nominated but did not accept nor decline his nomination.
- Brian Seklecki will attempt a write-in campaign but he is not a member at this time.
- Bob Turley is a member as of September 15, 2008. He will also attempt a write-in campaign.
Ask the Candidates
There will be a special ask the candidates session in the WPLUG IRC channel (irc.freenode.net, channel #wplug) on Wednesday, October 1st, 2008 from 8-9pm EDT. We encourage all members to attend and ask questions of the candidates. This IRC meeting will be hosted by Beth Lynn Eicher.
Its been an interesting year on the board. I am torn about running again. On one hand, I feel there is a lot of good left to be done. On the other hand, one of the things the current board has tried to encourage is contributions from members not on the board. So with that said, if I were elected, I would like to continue to chair the Internet Committee but also push the board to get more done this coming year. If not elected, I would like to continue to chair the Internet Committee but also push the board to get more done this coming year. I guess the distinction is in the style of pushing.
Candidate for WPLUG Board 2008/2009