Handles operation and maintenance of the web server, mailing list, IRC channel, and other network services for the group.
Handles planning and making arrangements for all WPLUG events, including presentations, installfests, and tutorials, except those events assigned to another committee.
Investigates any disciplinary questions not assigned to special committees.
Members: Michael Hansell (committee chair), Bill Moran, Mark Dalrymple, Dave Ostroske
Marketing & Communications Committee
Its purpose is:
- To swell the ranks of WPLUG membership.
- To establish and maintain WPLUG's reputation as a key organization for Open Source in western Pennsylvania.
- To maintain a high level of awareness of WPLUG activities with the general public.
- To obtain favorable publicity for WPLUG.
- To establish and maintain contact with other Open Source organizations to coordinate efforts to further the cause of Open Source.
- To publish a monthly newsletter reporting on WPLUG activities