Public Relations Committee
Its purpose is:
- To swell the ranks of WPLUG membership.
- To establish and maintain WPLUG's reputation as a key organization for Open Source in western Pennsylvania.
- To maintain a high level of awareness of WPLUG activities with the general public.
- To obtain favorable publicity for WPLUG.
- To establish and maintain contact with other Open Source organizations to coordinate efforts to further the cause of Open Source.
(Note: most of the information listed below was placed here by the original membership of the PR Committee in 2007 and 2008, and is deprecated. It will be updated as the current PR Committee makes plans)
The PR Committee is tentatively meeting on January 12. Topics for discussion include:
- When to hold regular meetings.
- Where to hold them.
- What are our goals.
Possible outreach activities: