[wplug] Hardware firewalls

mpop at mikeoconnor.net mpop at mikeoconnor.net
Wed Feb 17 08:49:59 EST 2021

I know I have not posted to this list in a LONG time.  I have been working on my home network, and i am thinking I want to add a hardware firewall between my home network and the verizon modem.  So I am looking for options, one person suggested a Raspberry Pi system, but then another person said a Pi would not be able to handle a 1Gbit connection.  I don't have any free old computers right now, so I can not just put one in.  So I am hoping to find a good option for a hardware firewall for under $150, to put into my network.  It does not need WiFi (I have a WiFi mesh network going) nor does it need DHCP server (I have a Raspberry Pi running as a DHCP server) Nor does it need to cache DNS (I have a Pi-Hole running)

I am looking for any good suggestions, of a hardware firewall that can handle up to 1 Gbit connection.

Michael P. O'Connor
mpop at mikeoconnor.net
http://www.mikeoconnor.net