[wplug] CentOS Linux ending, CentOS Stream to replace it

jared jennings jjennings at fastmail.fm
Thu Dec 10 12:45:55 EST 2020

I read comments about it on Slashdot and lobste.rs.  The most interesting speculation I saw was that there was a difference of opinion within Red Hat on how to get more people paying for RHEL without scaring everyone off, and they needed to gauge the size of the outcry about CentOS to figure out what would be the best response.

There were of course many threats to move to Ubuntu, Debian and even Oracle Enterprise Linux. (Everyone who suggested that one had a clue about how abusive Oracle is, but it seems not a big enough clue to stop them suggesting it...)

I'm interested to see if it sends anyone to the BSDs.