[wplug] Back to my roots: A circular career in Free Software

Beth Lynn Eicher bethlynn at psc.edu
Wed Feb 15 18:18:32 EST 2017

Dearest Friends,

Please come and celebrate with me as I have returned to Pittsburgh
Supercomputing Center which is also where my career in Free Software began
in 1999. As a student intern, I performed research on an early Intel-based
GNU/Linux cluster to compare the MPI libraries for Java with the known-good
MPI libraries for C. It was also this very assignment that brought me to
you, WPLUG, My desktop, being Red Hat 5.2 on the Alpha processor lacked the
non-free Firefox predecessor, Netscape.

Join me, at the PSC offices: 303 South Craig Street on Thursday February
23th at 6pm.

Through a presentation, I will discuss my journey though the Free Software
community over the years.

Hope to see you there!

Beth Lynn Eicher
High Performance Computing Consultant