[wplug] The history of DNS.... Resolvers

Drew from Zhrodague drewzhrodague at zhrodague.net
Tue Aug 15 10:25:26 EDT 2017

	I haven't worked with dnsmasq much, but name resolution is directed by
/etc/nsswitch.conf, which will list which order the various
name-resolution bits should be used. Mine at home says this:

hosts:     db files nisplus nis dns

	'files' is the entry that will use /etc/hosts, and I believe 'dns' will
use /etc/resolv.conf.

		Nice to see some traffic on the list!

--

Drew from Zhrodague