[wplug] switching ISP

Matthew Hughes huesm at live.com
Thu May 19 17:17:04 EDT 2016

</lurk>
I live in greenfield and on my block there is no FIOS. Go a block either
way and you can get it. The part that irratates me, is, I get an ad for
FIOS every other week. Comcast coverage is spotty in that it drops every so
often, the modem reports " :No Ranging Response received - T3
time-out;CM-MAC={redacted};CMTS-MAC=5c:83:8f:07:2f:92;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;"
from http://192.168.100.1/cmLogs.htm which is the web server on the
Motorolla 6XXX modem. Usually comes right back up in a few minutes and
calling will do little to fix my problem(or so I think)
I have been looking for an alternative for a while and there does not
appear to be one. I want low price and unlimited transfer, I have
considered DSL, Cellular, and Mesh. If any one has any ideas please let me
know.
<lurk>

On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 4:46 PM, Aaron Maricic <pennstater at gmail.com> wrote:

> No issues/complaints with my Comcast service in Clairton. I have the 150 /
> 10 Mbps service and normally get higher speeds than that. Connectivity
> issues are extremely rare. I would, however, recommend purchasing your own
> modem and router. You'll avoid the monthly equipment fees and have higher
> quality equipment.
>
> On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 3:22 PM, Mark Griskey <mark at linuxhardware.net>
> wrote:
>
> > It might be worth it to check with some of your neighbors and see if they
> > have Comcast and are experiencing issues.  My sister lives on Mt.
> > Washington and had nothing but trouble with Comcast (this was maybe 3
> years
> > ago when they switched to Verizon).  But then again, the cable
> > infrastructure on their side looked old, spotty and suspect.  I don't
> think
> > any of these companies really offer customer service anymore, I have a 7
> > year old cable box that needs replaced and trying to go through Verizon
> > figure out how is a nightmare!
> >

> > On 5/19/16 3:14 PM, Zachary Uram wrote:
> >
> >> Mark we live in Carrick.
> >>
> >> On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 2:00 PM, Mark Griskey <mark at linuxhardware.net>
> >> wrote:
> >>
> >> That is a good price, but I wonder if Verizon's service issues are
> Comcast
> due

> after
> have a
> I'll

[Princess Leia gets her first look at the Millennium Falcon]
Princess Leia Organa: You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought.
Han Solo: Nice! Come on.