[wplug] Red Hat acquires Ansible

justin at adminix.net justin at adminix.net
Fri Oct 16 11:43:20 EDT 2015

It looks like there's answer to my question about Ansible Tower on Red
Hat's blog [2]:

Q: Will Red Hat open source all of Ansible's technology?

A: Most of Ansible is already open source today. Red Hat has long shown
its commitment to open-sourcing the technology it acquires, and we have
no reason to expect a change in this approach. Our specific plans and
timeline will be determined over the coming months.

There you have it, folks! That's why it's good to support companies like
Red Hat that are good stewards of the community. I can't wait to try out
Ansible Tower.
---

JUSTIN SMITH
Linux System Administrator

On 2015-10-16 11:38, justin at adminix.net wrote:

> I know that some of you on here use Ansible for configuration
> management. It's different compared to products like Puppet and Chef
> because it doesn't require you to install and maintain an agent for
> anything; your commands to remote nodes are issued using good
> old-fashioned SSH.
>
> Well, it looks like Red Hat snatched them up. I, for one, am very happy
> that my favorite Linux company is now behind my favorite configuration
> management tool. I hope Red Hat will open source Ansible Tower, the
> official Ansible GUI.
>
> Link:
> http://www.redhat.com/en/about/press-releases/red-hat-acquire-it-automation-and-devops-leader-ansible [1]

Links: