[wplug] Red Hat acquires Ansible

justin at adminix.net justin at adminix.net
Fri Oct 16 11:38:14 EDT 2015

I know that some of you on here use Ansible for configuration
management. It's different compared to products like Puppet and Chef
because it doesn't require you to install and maintain an agent for
anything; your commands to remote nodes are issued using good
old-fashioned SSH.

Well, it looks like Red Hat snatched them up. I, for one, am very happy
that my favorite Linux company is now behind my favorite configuration
management tool. I hope Red Hat will open source Ansible Tower, the
official Ansible GUI.

Link:
http://www.redhat.com/en/about/press-releases/red-hat-acquire-it-automation-and-devops-leader-ansible

--