[wplug] Central PA Open Source Conference

D. Joe wplug at etrumeus.com
Wed Oct 14 09:34:18 EDT 2015

So, CPOSC (for some value of "central") is Saturday in Lancaster.  Any
Pittsburgh folk going to be there?

I make it every other year or so to Ohio Linux Fest and was just reading
some of the thread about that from a couple of months ago.  (Stopped in
greater Pittsburgh for an IKEA run on my way back through this year.)

I've also been to a couple of CPOSC's, once in Harrisburg and once in
Lancaster.  It's about an hour shorter drive for me than OLF and still at a
decent time of year for driving, so I try to work it into my schedule.

The other one I've started going to is libreplanet, but that seems like it
would be a challenging drive from Pittsburgh (9+ hours past metro NYC in the
most direct route).  I used to go to Ontario Linux Fest when those were a
thing, which they haven't now for several years.  There is FSOSS @ York,
which looks to have a good schedule, but I think family schedule conflicts
preclude me going this year.

--
Joe   On ceding power to tech companies: http://xkcd.com/1118/
man screen | grep -A2 weird