[wplug] Network shares as part of /home

Ben Beige dariuscardren at gmail.com
Thu May 14 09:12:11 EDT 2015

Greetings,
I am working on a replacement FTP server at work I'm running CentOS7 on it.
Here's where it gets tricky, I've got it bound to our ActiveDirectory and
have /home/<domain name> mounted as a share on a Windows file server. so if
I trie dot say log  in as ben@<domainname> my home folder would be made on
the network share. I can do this w/ SFTP.

But I am also trying to get FTPS working w/ vsftpd, I have it using pam.d
and sssd I can log in as  a local user, but when  I try one of my domain
users I get ftp errors 530 which seem to stem form not being able to find
the home directory for the user. Any thoughts or input?

Thanks,

Ben Beige
dariuscardren at gmail.com