[wplug] PFSense, load-balance router setup on old hardware.

Michael Skowvron michaels at penguincentral.org
Tue Mar 31 16:26:39 EDT 2015

I've been using pfSense for many years and have always been thoroughly
impressed with it's stability and feature set. I run it on an old Pentium-4
box.

It's capable of handling multiple ISP connections and you sure can load up
a bunch of networking cards if you need to, but do you need a lot of
different networks? I only ask because when you say you need more RJ-45
ports, I was wondering if you just need to add another network switch or if
you really need each network port to be on a completely different routed
network.

Michael