[wplug] PFSense, load-balance router setup on old hardware.

Doug Green diego96 at mac.com
Tue Mar 31 14:20:32 EDT 2015

My home network has two DSL lines coming into a TP-Link load balancing router in order to "duplex" the bandwidth (we have really slow internet where I live). Long story short, I need more RJ-45 ports than my load balancing router can provide.

I'd like to recycle one of my old computers as a router. Does anyone have experience using pfsense or zeroshell in this capacity? The docs seem to indicate that it's more geared toward replacing firmware in an existing router. Instead of buying a dedicated router, can I add a bunch of network cards to an old tower?

Thanks.
-D