[wplug] software for speedtest

Arnaud lists at arnaudloos.com
Fri Jun 12 08:58:24 EDT 2015

Hello, I'm looking for a piece of software that will allow me to conduct
Internet speed tests to my VPS. The idea here being that I either tell a
client to connect to a server component on the VPS and measure transfer
speed or I just have a large file on the server that a tool downloads it
and gives me good info about my Internet speed based on that download. I
know I've come across these tools in the past, just can't remember their
names and I'm looking for something with fewer variables than just a random
speed test website.

Thanks,
Arnaud-