[wplug] [hackpgh-discuss] Re: Cool! I may be violating Canonical's New Intellectual Property Policy.

Charles Butler chuck at dasroot.net
Tue Jul 28 14:14:05 EDT 2015

I really wanted to get in on this earlier, but also wanted to distribute
official
word vs one as an employee of Canonical.

I conversed with Dustin Kirkland after yesterdays twitter feed targeted
this
very IP change, that we as a company did not telegraph very well to the
community.
While we did drop the ball with early notification, we do however address
the question: "Am I violating these terms when my Docker File contains:
>From ubuntu?"

http://blog.dustinkirkland.com/2015/07/appellation-of-origin-from-ubuntu.html

The tl;dr - Y*our Ubuntu-based container is not a copyright violation.  *