[wplug] Need to protect my websites with a corporation

Christopher DeMarco demarco at maya.com
Wed Jan 21 16:37:49 EST 2015

My snarky response to Lawrence's remark was going to be along the lines of
"Proof that geography has become irrelevant; folks get their help from
online communities which aren't necessarily geo-colocated."

I think the issue is twofold: first, that the Linux community has matured
to the point where newbies don't need as much help as they once did with
the physical install and they can get what help they do need elsewhere on
the 'net; second, that the chips-n-beer camaraderie which folks experienced
at the various installfests etc. was a large part of what drove the mailing
list activity. The two factors are probably interdependent, downturn in
each impacts the other.

My point is that the WP part of the name seems to have become irrelevant?

--cmd

Christopher DeMarco
IT Director
MAYA Group LP