[wplug] Still at codefest, software developers don't know a ticketing system when they see it.

John Lewis oflameo2 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 10:13:16 EST 2015

My team took the careownership challenge.

It may be from my prejudice of being a sysadmin, but some of these
charities think they are going to use these applications in production.

If other teams thought about security, documentation, and deployment as
much as we did, I would not recommend putting any of the applications in
production under any circumstance.

Coding something from scratch before investigating if there is free
software that cleanly fits the use case just seems incredibly wasteful
in my opinion.