[wplug] Changing OS installations on newer laptops

Stephen R Phillips cyberman_phillips at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 2 21:40:51 EST 2015

Long term lurker (bad habit?)

Someone I know has a Toshiba Satelite c55d-a5381 so I though I would see if I could live boot a DVD on it.
The system appears to be designed to prevent bios access or to boot anything but the installed OS.
I assume it is using the Intel SGX or TXT system or somesuch?

Even UEFI systems are annoying these days (trying not to complain) it seems stilted toward making it difficult to do liveboots anymore.
I had hoped to try GenToo LiveDVD on it (without opening the unit up that is).

It makes it hard to remove the old OS (win10), without ripping the device appart.
Thoughts and suggestions welcomed on this.

Anyone using Beagle boards and Panda boards here?

 Stephen R. Phillips was here Please be advised what was said may be absolutely wrong, and hereby this disclaimer follows.  I reserve the right to be wrong and admit I was wrong in front of the entire world. It won't be the first or the last in all likelyness.