[wplug] [hackpgh-discuss] Re: Ludum Dare (from Latin "to give a game") This weekend!

Steven Owens stevenjowens at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 23:50:58 EDT 2015

On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 10:28 PM, John Lewis <oflameo2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Multi User Dungeon: Text Based MMORPG
> To implement it, there are already existing mature libraries to leverage.
> Extraneous benefits - I already have hosting for it, on my VPS. Lots of
> libraries to choose from.

For what it's worth, I have a great deal of experience with Moocode (and
lambdacore).  I did a lot of moo-based RPG programming Back In The Day.  I
don't have a lot of bandwidth for such a project, but then again I guess
it's a 48 hour project, so maybe I could participate in something like that.

> I read the Wikipedia page a bit more, and I don't have to care what any of
> you guys think because it is a one on one competition.  What I really need
> to know is what "All game code and content must be created during the
> competition and by a single person, and source code
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Source_code> is encouraged to be
> included." means and when the competition is so it doesn't conflict with a
> weekend where I have to to something else instead.

Ah, okay, in that case I guess I can't participate :-).

> Teams can participate in the Jam, but not in the Compo.

Or maybe I can.  Now I'm not sure what that means :-).

--
Steven J. Owens
stevenjowens at gmail.com
puff at darksleep.com