[wplug] PFSense, load-balance router setup on old hardware.

Matthew Hughes huesm at live.com
Thu Apr 2 13:14:10 EDT 2015

I have some old routers you can have if you like.
Tenda W307R
Dlink DIR-601
Dlink DIR-657
w/o powersupply Cisco BEFW1154ver.4

Downside is you have to come pick them up, I live in Greenfield which is in
the city.

On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 2:20 PM, Doug Green <diego96 at mac.com> wrote:

> My home network has two DSL lines coming into a TP-Link load balancing
> router in order to "duplex" the bandwidth (we have really slow internet
> where I live). Long story short, I need more RJ-45 ports than my load
> balancing router can provide.
>
> I'd like to recycle one of my old computers as a router. Does anyone have
> experience using pfsense or zeroshell in this capacity? The docs seem to
> indicate that it's more geared toward replacing firmware in an existing
> router. Instead of buying a dedicated router, can I add a bunch of network
> cards to an old tower?
>
> Thanks.
> -D

Are you participating in the Big Library Read
<http://overdrive.cmail20.com/t/d-l-ykkkhyd-jrykwith-y/>? Join readers from
around the world March 17-31 as we read and discuss *Shakespeare Saved My
Life* by Laura Bates brought to you courtesy of our friends atSourcebooks
<http://overdrive.cmail20.com/t/d-l-ykkkhyd-jrykwith-j/>. Titles are
guaranteed to be available at participating libraries with no holds or
waitlists. Search our list of participating libraries
<http://overdrive.cmail20.com/t/d-l-ykkkhyd-jrykwith-t/> to see if your
location is part of the fun.