[wplug] Anybody interested in a talk on rsnapshot?

John Lewis oflameo2 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 17:54:57 EDT 2014

Last weekend I set myself up an rsnapshot domain
http://www.rsnapshot.org/ because of this bug
https://www.debian.org/security/2014/dsa-3025.

Patching didn't go as smooth as I hoped, but I got it done with without
borking any machines. Even though I had backups, they weren't as
frequent or consistent as I wished.

I was already using rsnapshot for local backups, so I reconfigured it to
do chronic remote backups and found out about many of the useful
utilities rsnapshot has to offer and how simple it was to set it up and
to use. Restoring from rsnapshot is a snap.