[wplug] WARNING: AUFS does not currently support POSIX ACLs!

John Lewis oflameo2 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 22:43:36 EDT 2014

Tonight I was having a much easier time setting up Samba4 than I was
with openldap, especially after I installed the newer packages from the
back ports repository.

Everything was going smooth with the samba-tool initial provisioning
until I got this error.

ERROR(<class 'samba.provision.ProvisioningError'>): Provision failed -
ProvisioningError: Your filesystem or build does not support posix ACLs,
which s3fs requires.  Try the mounting the filesystem with the 'acl' option.

I did a little research and it turns out that acl and xattr support is
still on the do list according to http://aufs.sourceforge.net/, and aufs
was the storage back end for my lxcs because it allowed me to duplicate
files.