[wplug] I need to "wiretap" an HTTPS connection - how?

Pat Barron pat at lectroid.com
Fri Oct 31 12:39:22 EDT 2014

So, long story short...

I have an application making an HTTPS connection to a URL (for the
purpose of POSTing a SOAP request, though that's probably not relevant
per se...).  Before successfully completing the HTTPS request, the
remote side is dropping the connection on me.  I have no idea why.  I'd
like to be able to see what is actually being sent/received on  the
connection - though that is tough, since it is encrypted...

I have the ability to change the host and URL that is being used, and to
make the application use HTTP instead of HTTPS.  What I have in mind, is
to try to put some kind of proxy between the app and the remote server,
so that the app connects to the proxy using HTTP, and have the proxy
connect on it's behalf to the remote server using HTTPS.  Then I can
sniff the traffic on the unencrypted HTTP connection and get a better
idea what is going on.

Can anyone suggest a simple proxy I could use for this?

--Pat.