[wplug] OnePlus One contest

Justin Smith justin at adminix.net
Fri Oct 3 09:30:04 EDT 2014

I know that at least a few of you on here have expressed interest in buying
a OnePlus One.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, OnePlus is a startup smartphone
manufacturer connected with Oppo that is selling the One, an Android
smartphone billed as a "flagship killer" because it includes virtually the
same hardware as flagship phones like the HTC One at less than half the
price.

The catch is that you need an invitation in order to buy one. WPLUG's own
Joe Prostko gave me an invitation, and I used it to buy one a little while
ago. Overall, it's a very nice phone.

Anyhow, there's a contest that started just now where OnePlus is giving
away 20,000 invitations to the first people to respond. Check it out! It's
first-come, first-serve:

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/the-october-pre-orders-warm-up.132911/[1]

--
*Justin Smith*
GNU/Linux System Administrator

/"Isn't it ironic that the proprietary software developers call us
communists? We are the ones who have provided for a free market, where
they allow only monopoly."/
/-Richard Stallman/

--------
[1] https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/the-october-pre-orders-warm-up.132911/