[wplug] OnePlus One invitation

Justin Smith justin at adminix.net
Tue Nov 25 12:54:49 EST 2014

I have a couple of invitations to buy the 64GB OnePlus One. Would anyone
on here like one?

If you don't know what I'm talking about, the OnePlus One is an Android
smartphone produced by a Chinese startup called OnePlus, which is sort of
an offshoot of Oppo, which makes sound equipment.

The OnePlus One has nearly identical specs to flagship Android devices
such as the HTC One and Galaxy S5 but costs less than half the price.
Instead of coming with some themed variant of Android, it comes with
CyanogenMod 11S, a special variant of CyanogenMod that is officially
supported by Cyanogen, Inc. It's guaranteed to receive updates for at
least two years.

I've had a OnePlus One for a couple of months now, and my feedback is
mostly positive. There are only a few drawbacks:

- The reception is a bit weak. This is a known issue that may or may not be
improved in the future.
- The screen can be a bit dim in direct sunlight, although the newest
screen adaptation features added to CyanogenMod 11S helped with this.
- Vibration is a bit noisy and weak.

Other than that, it's smooth sailing. It has more processing power and
storage space than I'll ever need. It works on T-Mobile (which I use) and
AT&T.

I have three invitations. If you want one, let me know.

*Justin Smith*
GNU/Linux System Administrator

/"Isn't it ironic that the proprietary software developers call us
communists? We are the ones who have provided for a free market, where
they allow only monopoly."/
/-Richard Stallman/