[wplug] linux on a Mac Mini without OSX

Pat Barron pat at lectroid.com
Fri Nov 21 14:51:43 EST 2014

This purports to be a set of instructions that doesn't use MacOS for
anything other than than checking the firmware version:

https://www.ilikejam.org/blog/unix/linux-mac-mini.html

I haven't tried this, though I will soon be heading down the same path,
since I got a Mac Mini under the same circumstances....

If you do have to upgrade the firmware, I don't think there's any way to
get around using MacOS for that.  For whatever it's worth, if you don't
have a MacOS install DVD, you can probably take the system in to an
Apple Store and have the (alleged...) "geniuses" install it for you -
only to be wiped out soon after....  Or, order it online - when I
ordered Snow Leopard from Apple's web site, I think it was about $20.

--Pat.