[wplug] OT cell phone help -- other more on-topic cellphone question

Stanley C Slomberg scslomberg at gmail.com
Sat May 17 19:59:09 EDT 2014

Suggestion:  Look at this, just for the hec of it.

http://www.lycamobile.us/en/

On Sat, May 17, 2014 at 6:33 PM, Rob <tempest766 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Sounds way too much like a paid endorsement for T-mobile.  Considering
> what they did to my X, there's no way in hell that I'd sign any contract
> with those people.
>
> She simply called to ask about early termination of her contract since it
> was up in three months anyway, and she wanted to join me on my contract
> under a different carrier.  The CSR gave her a rash of crap, and when my X
> asked to speak with a manager they hung up on her...then to add an illegal
> act to what they did, they immediately cancelled her phone to keep her from
> carrying her number over to another carrier, even though they never arrived
> at an agreement about her terminating early.  .... then T-mobile had the
> gaul to send a collection agent after her for breach of contract even
> though THEY THEMSELVES shut her phone off early without coming to agreement
> with her on terms for canellation of service.
>
> Yeah...T-mobile ain't happenin in my world.
>
> I'm stuck with Verizon for now since my plan has more than just my phone
> on it and I'm not the customer of record for the service...and I JUST
> BOUGHT the Galaxy S4.  Had I known beforehand how Verizon locks down the
> phones I would have dropped off of the plan I share with other family
> members and gone with something different like a pre-pay and bought the
> phone outright instead of accepting the subsidized contract route.

> On Sat, 5/17/14, Justin Smith <justin at adminix.net> wrote:
>
>  Subject: Re: [wplug] OT cell phone help -- other more on-topic cellphone
>       question
>  To: wplug at wplug.org
>  Date: Saturday, May 17, 2014, 8:45 AM
>
>  You won't find
>  anything as cheap as $15/month from T-Mobile or an MVNO.
>  MVNO = mobile virtual network operator.
>  It's a fancy term for a company
>  that
>  pays a carrier for the privilege of selling service using
>  the carrier's
>  network.
>
>  One of the most popular T-Mo
>  plans is the $30/month plan available for
>  new customers through Wal-Mart. You get 100
>  minutes, unlimited texting,
>  and 5GB of
>  soft-capped data. T-Mobile did away with all overage fees a
>  few
>  months ago, so you don't have to
>  worry about getting slammed if you go
>  over
>  100 minutes.
>
>  The $40/month
>  "Simple Starter" plan gives you unlimited minutes,
>  unlimited
>  texting, and 500MB of soft-capped
>  data. From there, it's $50/1GB data,
>  $60/3GB data, and I'm guessing you
>  don't want to go any higher than that.
>
>  If you just want good service
>  and don't need T-Mobile's retail perks, such
>  as paying early termination fees, there are
>  other options. Straight Talk
>  (MVNO) offers
>  unlimited minutes, unlimited texting, and 3GB of data for

> [...]

Stanley C Slomberg
412-361-7826 (Home)
412-361-STAN

Stanley C Slomberg
412-441-7826 (Office)
412-441-STAN

Dealer/Distributor for:

Amsoil Synthetic Lubricants (34yrs) - All consumer and industrial
applications
All applications for consumer and industry!  Always Use P.I. fuel additive
in the fuel tank when you change your vehicles oil!! Money back guarantee
if 3-5% increase in miles per gallon is not attained.
http://www.lubedealer.com/stanline_products

Entrenet Nutritionals
All About Aloe Vera and its applications
http://www.enchealth.com/stanline

Isagenix - A World Leader in Nutritional Cleansing
stanlne.isagenix.com

Organo Gold -  Coffee Latte Mocha Hot Chocolate with Ganoderma, an
antioxidant/nutrient.
http://stanline.organogold.com

Shaklee Nutritionals - Dealer for over 35 years.  Beauty and Health
products.
Nutritional supplements for over 45 years!
http://stanline.myshaklee.com

IDLife - All Organic Nutrition.  Discover Your "Personal Nutrition" &
Weight Management Product for you!
Take a free health assessment at my website: http://stanline.idlife.com