[wplug] OT cell phone help -- other more on-topic cellphone question

Rob tempest766 at yahoo.com
Fri May 16 23:30:50 EDT 2014

Along the lines of cellphones, I have a moe applicable question.  Does anyone have a safe, (sourcecode available) root hack for the Verizon version of the Galaxy S4 running the kitkat 4.4.2 android release?

I got my Galaxy S4 expecting that it would be unlocked and that I could swap the sim card and use it on competitors networks.  I find that Verizon has locked down the bootloader and I'm not able to find any legitimate root exploits for the latest android OS release.

This crap of not being able to have root access on android phones is unnacceptable.  I need to be able to selectively manage permissions of installed apps, and to rip the guts out of the bloatware that verizon installs on the phones.  All owners of these phones SHOULD have that right!

Since android uses the linux kernel it's somewhat on-topic.