[wplug] OT cell phone help

Pat Barron pat at lectroid.com
Fri May 16 17:01:45 EDT 2014

Agreed, easiest way to transfer contacts is probably to make sure
they're on the SIM card.

Phone has USB, but it looks like you need Sony's "Media Manager"
software (which only runs on Windows, of course...) to use USB to move
data (photos and music) to/from a computer.

I had to pull some photos off of a low-end flip phone phone like this a
while back, and what I found is that I was able to use Bluetooth to pair
the phone with my laptop (which also has Bluetooth) and copy the files
over that way.  According to the user guide, this phone also supports
this type of file transfer via Bluetooth.  It's very slow, but may be
the path of least resistance for recovering whatever music and photos
are on the phone. Assuming, of course, you can keep the phone running
for long enough to do the transfer before it shuts down randomly.  The
biggest advantage is that this way doesn't require you to install any
additional software - as long as the computer you're sending the data to
has Bluetooth, and can transfer files over Bluetooth, you're all set.

User guide for this phone is here, if that helps you:

http://www-support-downloads.sonymobile.com/tm506/userguide_AE_TM506_1208-0969.1.pdf

--Pat.