[wplug] Free software groupware

Justin Smith justin at adminix.net
Wed Jan 22 22:10:38 EST 2014

Hey, everyone.

I'm looking for a free software groupware program that can go toe-to-toe with Google
Apps on some level. It needs to provide the following integrated services for a small
business:

	-Email
	-Calendars
	-Contacts
	-File sharing
	-INTEGRATION so that there's a single sign-on (probably LDAP)
	-Instant messaging (optional)

>From what I can tell, Kolab and Citadel are two popular choices. There was Zimbra, too,
for a while, but I think they got bought out and gutted.

Are services like these difficult to use? Would I really be better off just going with
Google Apps if my prospects of getting any other help running things would be
extremely limited?

--
*Justin Smith*

"UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to
understand the simplicity."
-Dennis Ritchie