[wplug] Managed VPS

Justin Smith justin at adminix.net
Tue Jan 14 23:45:41 EST 2014

I'm trying to shop around for a good deal on a managed VPS provider based on some
rather incomplete information. It's for a small organization. They use Drupal for their
Web site and want to experiment with Ruby, but their current VPS provider doesn't
allow for much customization.

So the main selling points are:

*Disk space - they'd like at least ~150-200GB.
*The ability to choose a standardized control panel such as CPanel would be nice.
*Enough RAM to support what they want to do. The current provider gives them 8GB.
*Email and mailing list hosting would be a plus.
*Bandwidth really isn't an issue. The monthly usage for their Web site is about 45GB.

Any recommendations? Most of the VPS providers I've used have been lower-end,
unmanaged setups.

--
*Justin Smith*
Chairman, WPLUG Board of Directors

"UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to
understand the simplicity."
-Dennis Ritchie