[wplug] Red Hat partners with (or assimilates?) CentOS....

Jeffry D. Woods jdwoods at jeffryw.com
Thu Jan 9 17:07:37 EST 2014

Hi Pat,

Been reading about this since it first came out. Use Red Hat at work
and I use CentOS at home. Most are saying to combat Oracle, better Red
Hat was first in this case rather than the latter. This does not
affect Fedora in any way though, they still remain the initial
developer. Another factor to consider, if they get the CentOS/Red Hat
involvement going in the right direction, it would be easier to move
the user base to Red Hat if they need the extras that come with Red
Hat rather than have them go to another distro.

Hope this helps,
Jeff

--
Jeffry D. Woods