[wplug] Reminder: meet Gittip founder this Saturday

Justin Smith justin at adminix.net
Mon Jan 6 22:48:13 EST 2014

Good evening, everyone! Well, on a night like this, I suppose it's only good if you've got
your heater cranked up as high as it'll go.

I wanted to remind you all that this Saturday, WPLUG will be hosting an event with
none other than Chad Whitacre, the founder of Gittip. As WPLUG Vice Chair Vance
wrote late in December:

> Gittip is a way to send (or receive) small cash gifts on a weekly
> basis.  The idea is to support worthy Free Software projects, or
> whatever effort you like, with a constant income stream.
> <https://www.gittip.com/about/>

Even though the open source community is run by a worldwide team of volunteers,
there are still far more everyday users than programmers. "How can I contribute?"
they often ask. Join us at the Wilkins School Community Center at 2:00 to find out you
can get involved and what sort of differences even small donations through Gittip can
make.

We'll be following up this event with a social gathering in February where WPLUG will
actually get involved with a community project. Got ideas for what we should do? Be
sure to show up and tell us!

For complete details, check our wiki page for the January event:
http://www.wplug.org/wiki/Meeting-20140111[1]

--
*Justin Smith*
Chairman, WPLUG Board of Directors

"UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to
understand the simplicity."
-Dennis Ritchie

--------
[1] http://www.wplug.org/wiki/Meeting-20140111