[wplug] APK Sideloading

DK wplug at curlynoodle.com
Mon Feb 24 18:58:45 EST 2014

Hi All,

I am trying to install free app available on the Google Play store on my
son's Nabi Jr. tablet.  The Nabi Jr. currently does not feature Play.  As
such, I must sideload the APK.  I figure that installation is
straightforward, but I am having trouble obtaining the actual APK.

I do not trust:
http://apps.evozi.com/apk-downloader/

I visited the site, and I was presented with a rather annoying pop-up ad
that I recognize as "security" malware.

Is it possible to copy the APK from another Android device that has already
installed the app?

Are there any other methods (albeit against Google Terms of Use) to
download the APK from Google?

Thanks,
David