[wplug] Verizon vs Comcast

Bobbie Lynn Eicher bobbie.eicher at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 00:39:04 EST 2014

I just did a wget of the same file you were using, Florin. Came back
8.97MB/s in 2.1s. (at half past midnight)

Another traceroute for good measure gave me the same results, through a few
Comcast servers and then a hop right onto CMU's network via 3rox.

Comcast, generally speaking, isn't an awesome company. I'm not a fan of
their customer service. That said, from the practical standpoint, it seems
like they're an extremely good choice if the main goal is to connect to CMU
from around Pittsburgh.

I hope this is helpful.