[wplug] Verizon vs Comcast

Rob tempest766 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 10 12:50:58 EST 2014

I'd be very careful about using anecdotal evidence to say that one evil carrier (verizon or comcast) is better than the other.  The truth is that without better testing you don't kow who or where the problem is occuring.  It could be that the bastards are taking advantage of their privileged status of information and data provider to play favorites in routing or prioritizing traffic.  The solution there is to support net neutrallity andtell the FCC that you want all ISPs and network providers to be designated common carriers and as public utilities so that they cannot play favorites.

I consider both verizon and comcast to be evil but alas, they have a relatively captive audience with little to no real competition or customer choice.

post your traceroute data taken at several times during a 72 hour period and we'll take a look to see if anything jumps out as a bottleneck.

-Rob