[wplug] Verizon vs Comcast

Drew from Zhrodague drewzhrodague at zhrodague.net
Mon Feb 10 10:45:31 EST 2014

On 2/10/14, 10:29 AM, Alex wrote:
> Very interesting - I'm using verizon DSL - bottom-of-the-barrel
> bandwidth, but religiously dies nightly at 10:15 pm, have to reboot
> the DSL router ev single night. Gotten to be a sad joke at home....
> my spouse cannot wait to switch, but apparently the alternatives are
> limited (4G wireless is spotty at our location in Allison Park).

	I have noticed tons of latency on Comcast's network. Our Netflix drops
out sometimes. I can only meter my outside-facing network interface.

	I should probably periodically do a speed-test. Anyone got tips for
doing something like that via cron?

	I'm also on the nnsquad mailing list, and there has been some
complaints about ISPs doing shit like that:
	http://www.nnsquad.org

--

Drew from Zhrodague
post-apocalyptic ad-hoc industrialist