[wplug] What do you think is the best way to share iCalendar files via FOSS?

Pat Barron pat at lectroid.com
Wed Dec 3 11:01:39 EST 2014

Once you add the add-on, if you receive an e-mail with a .ics file
attachment, Thunderbird understands it to be a calendar event and a
button appears in the e-mail (as you view it) that lets you process the
event and update your calendar, automatically.

If you create a calendar event and add invitees, an invitation e-mail is
sent out with an appropriate .ics file attachment.  You don't have to
create the .ics file by hand or attach it manually.

--Pat.