[wplug] Open-source cloud storage solutions

Pat Barron pat at lectroid.com
Tue Aug 5 10:36:24 EDT 2014

Looking for recommendations for people's favorites....  Dropbox is on my
last nerve, after my "promotional" extra 23 GB of space expired, and
apparently the lowest-end plan that they will sell me is 100 GB (I never
got even remotely close to the 23 GB, so that is way overkill...), and
they want about the same amount of money as it would cost to have a
whole VPS on Linode....

My basic requirements are that it has to have a web interface for
uploading/downloading files, has to have a client to automagically sync
files on Windows (and Linux if possible), and I'd like something with an
Android app as well.  I'm aware of ownCloud, and it appears that it
would do what I want, so I'm considering using that - just looking for
any "dissenting opinions" or other possibilities.

--Pat.