[wplug] Screensharing

Pat Barron pat at lectroid.com
Wed Apr 30 14:14:38 EDT 2014

If you're just screen sharing from one computer to another, particularly
if the target computer (i.e., the one whose screen you are sharing) is a
Windows box, I've found that VNC works about as well as anything - and
also gives you the possibility to do remote control if needed.

I've never found a "traditional" screen sharing solution (particularly
one that lets multiple people join the screen share) that I was
completely comfortable with on Linux - particularly not an open source
solution (other than VNC, I'm not even aware of any open source screen
sharing solutions).  In such an environment where Linux is in the mix, I
would say that TeamViewer is probably a reasonable choice.

--Pat.