[wplug] Linux Laptop

Greg Akins angrygreg at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 09:56:23 EDT 2014

Day one of using the new System 76 Gazelle.

Came with Ubuntu 14.04 pre-installed.   On the surface it appears to be a
decent computer.  I can't tell for sure what brand the hardware is, but it
seems decent.

It does have a lot of external connections (SATA, USB, HDMI, card reader)
and has a built in Camera.

I have however, already experienced a problem with the Numlock / keypad.

The initial purchase was supported well.  I got several emails through the
process letting me know when it was scheduled, built and shipped.  It took
about 5 days to build it and then UPS from Cali was about 5 days.

Now I have a support ticket open for the keypad, so we'll see how good
their after-purchase support is.

Greg Akins
Insomnia Consulting, LLC
gakins at insomnia-consulting.org