[wplug] Linux Laptop

ssc1478 ssc1478 at aim.com
Sat Apr 19 20:35:28 EDT 2014

Years ago I bought a new Dell for my son with Ubuntu 8.04
preinstalled.  I just put Ubuntu GNOME 14.04 on it.  It's got some
wear and tear, mainly one of the trackpad buttons sticks.  But
considering its age, it has held up well.

For myself, I usually buy used Thinkpads on ebay and put Ubuntu on
them.  (They always come with Windows).  My current laptop is a T61
with 2gb of ram, and I just put 14.04 on it.  It has held up well.