[wplug] Does anyone have any favorite open source HTML editors?

Pat Barron pat at lectroid.com
Sun Apr 13 00:28:07 EDT 2014

Just as a follow-up, so far Bluefish has been the closest thing I've
found to what I'm looking for.  It's specifically targeted towards
working with HTML5 and CSS (and, to a lesser extent, PHP), and has a lot
of specific knowledge about how those things are structured.  It also
lets you insert different tag types in a "fill in the blanks" kind of
way (letting you insert different attributes that are valid for that
type of tag, etc.), wizards to do things like create tables and
stylesheets, etc., which is nice.  The only thing I haven't seen in it
which I was hoping for is a facility to reformat and "pretty-print" HTML
to make messy HTML easier to work with.

Still, Notepad++ is OK in terms of visually validating things, and I'm
also looking at JEdit for the same thing.

I've never really liked vim in terms of language support (for any
language) - I generally find the things it does more annoying than
helpful, and end up turning off language support most of time time...

--Pat.