[wplug] Does anyone have any favorite open source HTML editors?

Pat Barron pat at lectroid.com
Fri Apr 11 13:12:08 EDT 2014

I'm looking for an editor I can use to work with HTML, that goes beyond
simple syntax highlighting and tag balancing - something that has actual
knowledge of HTML, and will raise a flag if you do something like use an
HTML tag that doesn't exist, use an invalid attribute on a tag, etc.
Anyone have any favorites?  (I think Eclipse will kind of do most of
what I want, but that's sort of like using a pile driver to drive a
nail....)

--Pat.