[wplug] [wplug-announce] WPLUG meeting 9/21: Meet local developer Walter White

Justin Smith justin at adminix.net
Tue Sep 17 18:36:30 EDT 2013

Good evening, everyone!

WPLUG's next general user meeting will take place this Saturday,
September 21st from 1:30-3:30 p.m. at IBM Pittsburgh. In case you haven't
been paying attention, this Saturday is Software Freedom Day! Although
WPLUG won't be celebrating SFD on its "canonical" day this year - we've got
plans for it next month - we do have local software developer lined up to
speak!

Walter White is a local Python developer who contacted WPLUG several
weeks ago to ask if he could present at one of our events. A few of us got
to meet him at the annual Open Source Picnic. This Saturday, he's our
featured speaker. Come on out and meet a developer who's doing his part
to make Linux awesome!

If there's any time left over, I may talk about my experiences at Ohio Linux
Fest. If you weren't able to go, you didn't miss much - just WPLUG's Birds of
Feathers event, people breakdancing for laptops, and Kirk freakin'
McCusick!

Complete details are posted on the wiki[1].

--

*Justin Smith*

"Isn't it ironic that the proprietary software developers call us communists?
We are the ones who have provided for a free market, where they allow
only monopoly."
-Richard Stallman

--------
[1] http://www.wplug.org/wiki/Meeting-20130921