[wplug] [wplug-announce] WPLUG November 2013 meeting

Justin Smith justin at adminix.net
Tue Oct 22 16:43:10 EDT 2013

WPLUG's next meeting will take place on Saturday, November 9 from 1:30 -
3:30 p.m. at the WIlkins School Community Center. For complete details,
including driving directions, check out the wiki page[1].

This is our biggest event of the year, guys! Every November, WPLUG holds a
special business meeting for the WPLUG Board of Directors election. FIve
candidates are running for office this year:

- Pat Barron
- Justin Smith (me)
- Joe Prostko
- Stanley Slomberg
- Vance Kochenderfer

There are also two bylaws amendments on the ballot.

Each candidate will post a brief campaign statement on the meeting page
explaining why you should vote for him. After next Tuesday's "Meet the
Candidates" IRC session, a transcript will be posted. Use this information to
help you determine who to vote for.

If you want to vote but can't come to the meeting, you can download a
copy of the ballot from the wiki page I linked to. Print it, fill it out according
to the instructions, and mail it to the address listed at the bottom of the
second page.

After the board election, we'll once again open the floor to lightning
presentations since they proved to be so popular at October's meeting. Is
there a particular free or open source program you just can't live without?
Tell us about it! There's no need to prepare a speech or make slides; just
show us your program in 10-15 minutes.

I'll be giving a lightning talk that some of you movie buffs might find
interesting. DId you know that there's a one-click solution to rip Blu-Ray
and DVD movies on Linux? I'll also show you how to convert your ripped
movies to different formats so you can watch them on all of your devices.

See you there!

--

*Justin Smith*

"UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius
to understand the simplicity."
-Dennis Ritchie

--------
[1] http://www.wplug.org/wiki/Meeting-20131109