[wplug] Enabling GNOME gdm on FreeBSD 9.2?

Pat Barron pat at lectroid.com
Fri Oct 18 17:11:10 EDT 2013

As is traditional with FreeBSD, the default install includes no desktop
envrionment at all - just a "login:" prompt on a text console...  GNOME
is available to install (and I've done so - at least, as far as I can
tell), but I haven't yet figured out how to set it up to start gdm when
the system boots.

I had a graphical "desktop' of sorts set up back in FreeBSD 2.2 days,
but that just involved logging in and running "startx" to start twm and
some xterm's....  ;-)

--Pat.